Shaking Hands

RedCrow Investments & your IRA

The IRS allows an IRA (Traditional or ROTH, SEP or SIMPLE), Solo 401(k), HSA, or ESA to acquire private equity (an ownership interest in a private company) as an investment while keeping the tax benefits associated with that account type. The ability of your IRA or HSA to invest in a private company gives you the opportunity to exercise your personal market knowledge and investment expertise. Even if you do not have market knowledge or investment expertise, you still have a body, so as RedCrow likes to say “Invest in what you know. Invest in what you feel.”

The returns of a private equity investment can generate retirement wealth that is tax-deferred or tax-free depending on the account type. The IRA ownership of private equity is usually expressed as a percentage of ownership or shares of stock.

Get Started Today!

Open & Fund Your IRA

Open an IRA account with New Direction Trust Company. If you have a 401(k) with a previous employer or an existing IRA, you can transfer or rollover your funds without paying taxes or penalties. It is that simple.

Decide on your Investment with RedCrow

You determine which startup you would like your IRA to invest in.

Your IRA funds that Investment

At your direction, New Direction Trust Company sends funds from your IRA to RedCrows offering and holds the investment on behalf of your account.

private equity investing guide

Private Equity Investing Guide

  • Learn the secret to private equity investing with tax advantages
  • Surprising account types that can be self-directed to buy private equity
  • Five most valuable investment tips for self-directed IRAs
  • Straight talk about the types of private equity your IRA can buy
  • Four powerful strategies for IRAs that have a small cash balance
  • Use IRS rules to limit the taxes you pay
  • Free your retirement account from Wall Street volatility
  • Learn little-known distribution strategies and considerations, and more!

private equity investing guide

Investor's Guide to UBIT

  • UBIT (Unrelated Business Income Tax) can become possible when investing in a pass through entity, or an entity that doesn’t pay taxes at the corporate level.
  • The IRA would need to file a 990-T if any tax on an annual basis, should any tax be due.
  • Losses can be carried forward into future years to offset any large gains.
  • If your IRA is paying UBIT, then it means your IRA is making money!
  • For more information about UBIT, please consult your CPA. More information can also be found here.

IRA Questions?

IRS Guidelines

 877.742.1270 x155